Monday, April 19, 2010

Quilt update

I have been working on my first quilt since December. I am so close to finishing the top piece (let it be done now!) but that means I am really only about half way done with the whole thing. Once the top design is all stitched together, the actual quilting has to be completed, sandwiching the batting (fluffy stuff inside the quilt) between the top and bottom pieces. Since I had preshunk all of the material for the top, it was recommended that I do the same for the batting. Otherwise bad things happen the first time you wash the quilt all put together.
This whole quilt thing has been a huge experiment, just trying to figure it out as I go. So this is me trying to wash and shrink the batting in the bathtub.

Did you know that a full-sized piece of batting soaked with water weighs like a million pounds? Fact.

Rolling the batting in a towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment